Smile like you mean it.
Yesterday was a great day. I decided to be nice to everyone. Eye contact, smile, full attention. It was very interesting. I got:
- 1 Proposal (from assistant at hardware shop-very flattered but, er.. no thanks, not ever. )
- 1 free sausage and the best service ever (no, not what you thinking-from the lady assistant at the deli)
- Lots of wierd looks as though “what the hell do you want/what are you on/where’s the hidden camera/where did you escape from”
- Mimed apologies (From confused road-raged drivers in the wrong after I waved and smiled)
And I had a good luck day too:
- Designer friend emailed to say paint shop had donated large amounts of paint for the Ecolodge revamp.
- The wind stopped.
- The sun came out.
- Taskmaster stopped work for the first time in months and we went surfing.
- Kingoftheplayground didnt run away and get lost once…oh wait, just the once. Found him barefoot in puddles “just runnin’ alon’ “
- The renovations should theoretically be finished by tomorrow.
- The jumping castle has been booked for Good Hope Nursery’s next event on 5th April – Fynbos Family Day.
- Found this Protea repens in flower: Later on…
We discovered where on earth chicken #2 and chicken #3 have been hiding their eggs. Mike the BB man found a clutch of old and new eggs all cosy in a nest of sticks under an old gum tree. Got given dirty looks of hate and the beady-eye each time I passed them…. Smiles do not work on chickens!!!
Posted on February 25, 2010, in Photos, Random moments, Renovations, Wildlife and tagged birds, chickens, Ecolodge, Fynbos, good luck, Photos, plants, Protea, Renovations, smiles, sun, wind. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.